Saturday, April 21, 2012

How the Friendship Began

Alani & I first met in 1997, when we were both one years old.

I'm on the left, and her dad in the middle, and Alani on the right.

We call each other Best friends.

But technically, we are second cousins. Alani's dad is my mom's cousin.

So since we are family, we seen each other A LOT. So we grew really close together.

I lived in LA since I was born and of course, being little, I don't remember meeting her. Here's one of my blog entries addressing Alani about first hearing about her:
So back when I was 6.. I think it was 2002. My mom called me over. She was looking at a computer screen..
There was a photo of you looking down at the camera from the second floor. You know that area where the TV room was? And it had that railing? Well you had your elbows on the railing looking down at the camera......like I said. x)
Then my mom pointed at the photo and asked " Do you want to move with Alani? " Of course, not remembering you, I asked "Who's Alani?"
"She's your cousin. We are going to move next door to her!"
"Okay!" Hahah, I had no idea.
So we moved from LA and lived right next door to her.

That's when it all began. Ever since 2002 (when we moved here) we have been the closest of friends.

Then she moved across the continent.

Saddest day of our lives.

She visited, here and there every Christmas.

Then ever since the world crashed hard, she stopped visiting.

6 years passed.

We lost close contact, rarely talking to eachother.

Then, came 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment